Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2012, 10:54 PM

cslee is on a distinguished road

Would be harder to jump to another DivI ministry schemes, as they have much higher stringent requirements and many don't recognise part-time degrees. You would stand higher chance with stat boards like IDA etc. But these stat boards usually ask for professional with relevant experience. Another route is to try your current ministry.

Promotion within scheme i.e. TS VI (Div II) to TS V (Div I) is more common. Your salary increment would be according to the salary grade band. In other words, you would be placed as Div I officer on a DivII scheme. Your PB base would be according to DivII scheme e.g. 0.5 mth instead of 1.5 mth. Promotion interval would still largely the same as Div 2.

As for promotion from Div II scheme to Div I scheme within ministry, it's still possible but alot harder. Your boss (not likely your RO but someone like Divisional level Director) must push very hard for you. So, start building excellent working relationship with him and volunteer to "help" his hot potato issues and showcase his pet projects, so that he can showcase your potential (aka CEP) in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi All,

I grad from University of Murdoch last year(Part-Time degree for 2 years). I currently working in a ministry for 4 years with a salary of $2700. With NS.
I would like to know how much would the ministry willing to pay for a degree holder. How much am I expecting? Say $3300-$3500?
Would there be salary variation n different ministries?

Please advise and thanks in advance.