Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Pay - Director level
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
1. It's natural for me to express myself at times using some simple analogies because this is what I'm surrounded with everyday. if you don't understand, that's okay. Doesn't mean others don't.
What a joke. You call this gibberish below "simple analogies"?

Quote:
Again, there is no need to tell me about copulas and credit risk since im FE. The stochastic nature of credit risk can be simplified via conditional probability on gaussian RV, and the resultant integral can be solved simply using gauss hermite quadrature. Personally, i doubt people in the industry bother to model the forward interest rates stochastically. I won't if i were them as there is not much added value. A deterministic interest rate curve would be good enough. If things change, run again. So a normal PC will do.
What is the topic about? Civil service Director pay. How on earth this garbage above has to do with a Director's pay in Civil service?

And seriously, what's this nonsense about being surrounded with technical talk everyday? You mean your colleagues all talk like that? This is just a feeble attempt to impress others who have no experience in the finance/investment sector.

Earlier on we had quite a robust debate between some experienced finance professionals on the nature of the private equity industry, lots of insights and not once did either of the participants spout this esoteric nonsense you keep doing. IIRC QXP is also from investment banking, I never see him write in a deliberately confusing manner you are doing.