Old 18-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was trying to say...

Either (i) multiply by 17.5/15.5

OR (ii) + $500

Not both.

Civil Service is certainly not a cash cow unless one is a high flyer who is on a scholarship.

I had also assumed that you had done your entire degree in Australia....in top Uni such as ANU. I am not discriminating distance learning & external degrees, but Civil Service is very very sensitive towards the credibility of the degree.

I would say that NUS & NTU are the 2nd tier Uni (behind the likes of Imperial, Ivy Leagues etc), but in general local Uni are good enough to enable the person to rise through the ranks

In many departments in Civil Service, external degree/distance learning would require special concession to get in.
Thanks for your clarification.

So basically, if I ask for between $3,800 to $4,000, is it ok?? And usually, base on my offshore campus uni studies, what will be my grade level in MSO scheme??

I understand a fresh diploma holder with no experience will be Grade VI and with 2-3 experiences from private sector will be Grade V, so probably for my case, with degree and 5 years relevant experience, will be given a Grade IV or Grade III MSO post?

Please advise. Thanks and appreciated a lot for your enlightenment