Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the knowledgable advices.

I grad from SIM-RMIT last year. I did a 2 years part-time degree, while working in the private sector for the past 5 years....

So, if I ask for $4,500 (after round up to nearest hundred) base on my current $3,500 (and using the multiply 17.5 divide by 15.5 method and plus additional $500), is it possible?

Or do I ask for a 20% increment to $4,200 n then the government offer me $4,000 (after a 15% increment)?

Which is the ideal amount to tell my prospective superior when I go for my interview soon?

Please advise and thanks in advance
I was trying to say...

Either (i) multiply by 17.5/15.5

OR (ii) + $500

Not both.

Civil Service is certainly not a cash cow unless one is a high flyer who is on a scholarship.

I had also assumed that you had done your entire degree in Australia....in top Uni such as ANU. I am not discriminating distance learning & external degrees, but Civil Service is very very sensitive towards the credibility of the degree.

I would say that NUS & NTU are the 2nd tier Uni (behind the likes of Imperial, Ivy Leagues etc), but in general local Uni are good enough to enable the person to rise through the ranks

In many departments in Civil Service, external degree/distance learning would require special concession to get in.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app