Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Got. but quitting a residency always becomes a red flag. The first question your PD ask will be why u quit and are you gonna quit on me?

Residency is always tough, thats the whole point, put u under stress , u learn and become better.
Anyway, if are thinking that fam med residency is easy, hold your horses.
The only thing easy about it is that is 3 years and u have half a year to prepare for exit ( while working in a busy polyclinic).
many of my FM batch mates has spouses in other specialties. Most of the consensus is that fam med is quite draining and now where easier.
thanks for your reply. which residency did they switch into? is it fam med?

I agree fam med is tough. When I was a HO I've seen fam med residents rotating into a different department every 3 months and struggling to adjust each time. But compared to other specialties with busy calls and demanding exams, i think fam med is still a more attractive option (esp if FPs in OPS really earn more than ACs in hospital...)

I feel that I might not have enough aptitude for my current specialty. I'm going to give myself more time to decide whether to continue but wanted more info to weigh my options.