Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2022, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello, hope someone in the company working now don’t mind sharing.

I’m also quite confused as to how the month salary is calculated and given. Also why we need the wbs in the time sheet or what’s the purpose of submitting the time sheet on the portal?

I’ll be joining soon so basically my first week is orientation. First day collect laptop and got some office tour. So does this mean my first day won’t get paid since no wbs code given to me?

then next few days have orientation 9.45-6 so the ‘work’ timing is also less than 8 hours per day in contract, so means these few days I have orientation my pay will be deducting one hour plus of salary?
Quote:
Hello, what do you put though for your first day since first day is go office to collect laptop and the half day integration? Do we get paid for this first day as well? And for yourself your orientation days were not all full 8 hours working day right? So for the days where orientation is maybe 7 hours per day only, does this means your monthly salary is lesser?
Quote:
I think your monthly salary of 4.9k is dependent on how many hours in your timesheet, so your first month should have less salary since your first week is orientation and first day you go collect laptop don’t think they will pay you for that. That’s why lol y’all see 4.9k like a lot so good actually is like ‘commission’ based lol.
Same semi-recent person replying.

I'm not going to answer further on why we need the timesheet since I don't really know/understand why beyond my limited knowledge but there's help button you can click on the timesheet page and they put the answer under "getting started". Can also ask hr why. I just go along with it.

Salary as far as I know doesn't fluctuate. They do state they might deduct your pay if you fail to fill it in but no one I know has forgot/failed to do so. Again, you can ask anyone/everyone (mainly hr knows) about what to fill in for the codes and they should give it to you before the deadline. Mine I was told to put 'meetings' outside of orientation/training/project.

Workhours don't really matter. Initially I too thought "Oh, I only did orientation/meeting/etc for X hours, so I put X?" Just put everything as 8, unless specified otherwise. There'll be days you end early and days you end late. As far as system cares and knows, you did your "8 hours". Sadly no benefit of OT, but no penalty for UT. Maybe depends on your project but for mine, we aren't Japanese work culture where need to stay back because everyone else haven't finished.