Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2022, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To be fair and to answer to your sarcasm, a KP should definitely step down IF teaching and management abilities are not up to standard. I am willing to do so if I know that I am not performing up to expectations. This also conforms to how the private sector is like - true meritocracy.

And to add on, looking at the other side of the coin, I will also definitely not want capable KPs or SLs to step down. I have seen some teams (I myself as part of a team as well) working so productively and happily under competent leaders before. When an experienced, capable leader leaves, the whole team ends up suffering or underperforming.

Unfortunately, I have not met many of such capable leaders. Most of the capable ones I know have left or resigned. Many incompetent ones are still around.
As an ex teacher, I just want to encourage any teachers reading this post to seriously consider resigning. I’m much happier now than when I was a teacher. A large part is not having to deal with the SLs and SMC. I agree fully with above. The system is such that there will always be SLs and KPs who are totally incompetent and hence even more insecure and try to feel secure by trying to step on or put down officers, and engage in politics to make themselves feel secure. They will also be the ones that will stay as they can’t get a job anywhere else. HQ will not be able to solve the problem that they contributed to. I strongly encourage younger teachers to resign as soon as you can. There is a whole world out there. Any other job is better as it won’t be plagued by this issue that can’t be resolved.