Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - High Finance Thread
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2022, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I really can't stand how many salty people are in this thread. If you are not in the field, please don't give wrong advices.

Yes being hardo is not good, but seriously all the high flyers in top firms all show the same quality: being very determined and committed. Joining investment clubs is not a sign that you are hardo, it means you are willing to do what it takes to achieve what you want.

And all the bankers I have met all share the same quality, they are people who are very focused and hardworking. Some may look chill, but they are all very hardworking folks. Seriously, noone can break into IB by just being a personable and interest person. My personal experience with my own colleagues and peers have been that most are definitely not happy-go-lucky people like you see in your bizad club who just rag and flag all day like it can make them money.

If you are in the field, please give right advice to your juniors. If you are not in the field, please stop telling wrong sugarcoated examples. I know you sugarcoat the reality cuz you definitely didn't make it into the field, hence the coping/defensive mechanism.
In banking, network > effort. That’s the truth.