Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Engineer Pay
Thread: Engineer Pay
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2022, 04:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will usually take public transport as it saves a lot of my transport allowance and my customer sites are close to my home. I only cab if I am short of time and to work only becuz its expensive. For my company, the transport allowance is decent and also increases if I owned a car (which I do not becuz again, its expensive especially with the price of the COE now).

If you are tired of office bound jobs, you can try field service engineer. You get to travel to customers sites with no concern of transport fees and get a lot of hands on work inside their fab labs. You will also spend a lot of times interacting with customers to meet their needs and sometimes may need to travel to different sites so you probably wont feel bored. I also heard if you are v good at what you are doing, customers may try to 'snatch' you by offering higher paying jobs. But as I mentioned b4 this job is not for everyone, it can be v tiring and your experience may vary depending on the customers. On the other hand, you can also take process support engineer. You still interact with customers but you spend time clutching data and analyzing numbers for machines instead of hands on. But once again, the experience is depend on customers
What do you do as a field engineer? troubleshoot circuitry?