Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Engineer Pay
Thread: Engineer Pay
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2022, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Usually field engineer are essentially field service engineer but i may be wrong about this. But if that's the case, I would say a lot of hands on work compared to other engineer role. Since you are in the semiconductor company, you probably be assigned to a process module and have to do servicing for customers (eg trobleshooting, replacing parts and installation of machine etc). This means u probably spend a lot time in their fab room and sometimes you might need to do overtime or weekend just to get things done as your performance is dependent on them. Fortunately depending on company, they might give you transport claim or allowance (which means extra money and is excluded from CPF). From my experience, I was given transport allowance but there are quite a few times I have work until midnight before I can go home so this job is not for everyone. i hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply. Do you have your personal vehicle or do you usually call grab to travel? Because i worked as an electrical engineer before but it was more of an office bound job. Right now, im still exploring other kind of engineering jobs although my interest in engineering is slowly fading.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app