Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2022, 07:35 AM
Unregistered

Would like some advice from FM seniors, especially those who have obtained the mcfps.

I understand from the college website that there are 2 routes to do fellowship. The more common one is to do mmed (fm) - either residency/programme B. Alternatively one can apply for mcfps via assessment if he posses both mrcp and gdfm. One can then apply for fellowship after obtaining mcfps.

I am currently starting R3 residency in July (i.e 1 more year to go), unsure of my long term plans after residency (maybe ops/gpland). I do possess both mrcp and gdfm. I have no plans to quit residency since I am finishing in 1 year and will probably try the mmed next year.

However in the event that I fail my mmed, I would like to ask
A) will the latter option (mcfps via assessment route) be a easier or viable option? (From what I read the assessment only consist of viva of caselog and assessment of video consults, no actual osces- i.e sounds easier)

B) secondly is there a expiry date or time limit for the mcfps (via assessment route). For example, mmed must be completed within 3 years following completion of residency, not sure if this option has similar time requirements as well?

Would appreciate advice from seniors especially those who gone through the mcfps via the gdfm/mrcp route.
(Thought about asking my PD but subsequently felt probably not a good idea &#128514

Thanks