Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
The problem is Singaporeans mostly think they are entitled just because they are born and grow up here. So they think they should deserve higher pay even though they just graduated and have 0 work experience. Ask them start lower pay they will start to think it is the end of the world.

I observe those pinoys who work in recept area in my office building. Although it is just a recept job, they work with pride and I can see their confidence and professionalism. Ask a Singaporean to work there, I confirm they will start throwing black face. You see why the employers rather hire foreigners ? Singaporeans ask for it one.
Not just about being recep. Alot of fresh grad don't want to do entree level job to learn the trade. They think they can waltz in and manage others. Fat chance for vast majority of them. At thr sane time they are also quick to give up and don't want to put in the hours. End up they rather go do grab. As time went by they become unemployable. Too inexperience for mid level job too highly paid for junior jobs