Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The Leon Tay decision is out: s://.elitigation.sg/gd/s/2022_SGHC_133

I am completely surprised and disgusted by the initial attempts by his legal team to paint this guy as a "smart boy" that largely sandpapered over the many concerns identified by the Court in the decision. That unfortunate PR exercise is found here: s://wakeup.sg/cheating-trainees/
The PR exercise does not hide or deny that he made a mistake anyway. It was a bad mistake. The lying part, no doubt he should not have done it. But honestly, how much was he supposed to disclose, and to whom? This is not very clear (even to me) since there is no precedent for such a situation. He is at fault for sure but given SILE had already cleared him and the 11, it was somewhat understandable why they thought everything was fine for the admission application.

I don't think the facts were even explored for the other earlier 6 cases, and the judge has gone into quite a bit of detail in his case to clarify it for the public. This certainly raises many concerns but I don't see anything particularly new which was not known earlier to everyone.