Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed! Final crossroad, maybe?
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2022, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAT-X103Buster View Post
41yr old and obtained AWS SA cert in 2021.
I been old sch 'LEMP' full-stack and current senior IT (infra) manager but want to dive into cloud/devops role for the next 5yr at least.

Interviewers told me 'I am neither here nor there' ~ everything know a bit.
I been through a couple of interviews last month, all no news after - i think is because I have 0 hands-on on cloud/devops since I self-learnt devops tools from Udemy but CV i got declare devops (beginner)

now got a SI offer me cloud engineer role to learn on the job (a little of devops to support in-house developers) but they cannot meet my expected salary. my current is $6k and I asked $7k, he negotiated and I panicked and replied expected down to $6k. he say will get back to me.

advice needed? what if they only offer $6k, then should I jump but there is NO monetary motivation, only I like the JD. will it look bad on me if I counter for $6.5k, scare later they think I not interested, play tug-of-war.

what should I do, bros? i may not get an employer who is willing to pay manager salary grade and let me learn on the job!
I encounter someone from Manager switch to engineer.

Not easy to assign task to this kind of people cause they still have manager mindset.

u ask them work, they find a lot reason to tai chi.