Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need some advice if I should early quit
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2022, 10:04 AM
Verified Member

djhaller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was in a similar situation before. Give yourself a couple of months working at ncs. See if you feel comfortable with the environment. Make sure to check your contract about the notice period and penalty for quitting within a certain period.

If you like the environment after a month or two working there, i say go ahead and aim to work at least 6 months and then towards a year and so on. If you do not like it, go ahead and send your resumes out while you are still working under ncs.
Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
1. You can if you want to, there's no local law stating it's illegal to do so.

2. Well yeah, it will reflect badly on you regardless of what company you work at.

Here's my advice, network often and try to make new friends with people working at these companies. A lot of times it's easier to tell if a company is good or bad for you by simply asking someone either from the same university as you, a alumni who is already working, a junior who is interning or interned in the past, a friend of your friend, etc. Of course, align your personalities, if you ask someone who does nothing but work all day long like a corporate slave then duh, this guy will tell you that the company is #1 and that he loves it.

Personally I view all gov related tech companies as horrible ( I believe NCS is sub of Telco company SingTel that's heavily gov supported and managed? correct me if I'm wrong ). Sure they could pay well and I could be wrong sometimes but the general consensus in the CS scene is that government / IT consulting / defense companies are awful regardless of what country you're in. I wouldn't take my chances.
Yep ncs is a subsidiary of singtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
avoid ncs at all costs, trust me!
Tbh initially I wasn't even thinking of applying for ncs. But I did so anyway partly because in the previous interviews I have had, employers are tell me how inexperienced I am and hence I applied and got it