Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need some advice if I should early quit
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2022, 05:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhaller View Post
Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I may have been biased against NCS based on what I have read so far. As mentioned, this is the current and only offer I have had and as all offers does, it comes with a deadline to accept it.
Which is also why I am really at a lost if it will make me looks bad, ie. Accept and signed the contract > Go work at company + accepting new interviews or finding new jobs > if lucky, I got a new offer during the short period I work

If I happen to be doing well at ncs, I would probably not go around accepting interviews or looking for any jobs. Or say, even before my job commences and I found a better one, I will definitely do as what you said.

All in all, my concern is more on after entering into ncs.. and adding on, I doubt there will be any new offers coming for me from now till the mention start date in early june
I was in a similar situation before. Give yourself a couple of months working at ncs. See if you feel comfortable with the environment. Make sure to check your contract about the notice period and penalty for quitting within a certain period.

If you like the environment after a month or two working there, i say go ahead and aim to work at least 6 months and then towards a year and so on. If you do not like it, go ahead and send your resumes out while you are still working under ncs.