Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How rich/poor am I compared to people my age(27)?
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2022, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Revisiting this forum 6 years after my post and feel astonished that the thread is still pretty much alive! Wow! I was only 26 years old back then! Time flies!

So here goes my updated numbers (all round off to the nearest thousand)!

Assets

Cash: $350,000
Equities: $35,000
Watches: $$240,000
Alternative Investments: $340,000

BTO estimated open market value: $650,000 (shared with spouse)

Liabilities

Mortgage: $360,000 (shared with spouse)

Approximate total net worth:

$965,000 + $650,000/2 = $1,290,000 - $360,000/2 = $1,110,000

Not useful, in my opinion, to add insurance value and CPF/MEDISAVE.

Driving an entry level continental car with an outstanding auto loan of $50,000. Car is worth probably around $80,000 at this current juncture. Not looking to fully pay it off as I think there are better choices with higher returns I’m able to do with that money.

Not deeply invested in equities as I missed the boat during the 2019 Covid crash. Keeping some cash to enter when opportunity arises during the next bear market.

Didn’t realized I crossed the SGD$1,000,000 net worth mark until a couple of weeks ago when I tabulated my assets. Not gonna lie, it’s a pretty decent revelation.

Of course, there are many many more individuals who has achieved way more than I have but, as mentioned 6 years ago, comparison is a thief of joy. Due to the social media landscape that we are soaked in nowadays, it is extremely easy to forget giving ourselves a little pat on the back when we manage to unlock some milestones, especially seeing those amazingly success stories of young entrepreneurs achieving millions or even billions before they hit a certain age. Instead of comparing all the time, I think we should slow down our footsteps and look at what little things we have achieved. Instead of yearning for what we don’t have, why not start by appreciating what we have at the moment and work hard towards our dreams and goals?

I’m not sure about you guys but I certainly did gave myself a nice pat on my back every once in awhile!
cringe.......