Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - NUS (National University of Singapore)
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2022, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Recently received an offer to join NUS. Perhaps can give some insights to future applicants. Likely NUS can only match your current salary, and not able to give any salary increment. Cos based on my current offer, I'm quoting an arbitrary number btw. I'm currently drawing $4K a month at my current company and my current company gives out aws. NUS offered me $4333. The number looks like I was given a pay increment but after into account $4000x13=$52000, NUS is just taking $52000 divided by their 12 months package (nus doesn't give 13th month), hence the $4333 figures.

Tried to ask for a higher salary to match with my current annual but was rejected by HR, hence I turned down the offer. Plus the fact that NUS gives a lower PB and increment, I was told in 2020 there's no pay increment and no bonus.

Though I have to say NUS is very generous with their AL, on top of the usual 21 days, they give university leave on 31st, and also 2 days wellness leave, so total of up til 24 days.
Same experience here. Matched my current salary, was offered a junior role even though I applied and interviewed for a senior role.