Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2022, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A backwater mentality. Surely if there is pay transparency, you would know better if a top assoc joining you is joining for your money or not? Also, this just sounds like the classic 'poor bf' argumentative: "but it is not about the money! I want to know you are with me not just for my money". If you are paying top rates, you would be proud and using that as part of your recruitment.

Also further in his argument on why performing junior RT lawyers are not paid good bonus... Come on la, EPs bring in work but the junior assocs do the heavy lifting. He also mentioned that junior lawyers i.e up to 3 PQE cost more than value add to the firm.. Hello, they are the most valuable to a file since they cost so little hourly but can more or less be used to run the day to day file.

Honestly this is just a shameless ad and one used by the firm's management to propagate outdated mindsets on assoc compensation and grievances. Pui!
Agree entirely. You mean got people join law firm and kill themselves working crazy hours in any big firm for reasons other than money meh? Logic is odd.

But at least the article alluded to RnT being a “big four firm”. At least it didn’t further the fiction of there being a “Big 5”.