Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2022, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How does the chargeable hours work in acn? Does OT counts into your chargeable hours?
Chargeable hours are hours that you spend working for a client. As long as you're assigned to a project, you will have a charge code to use in your time sheet, and those are chargeable hours. OT really depends. Are you doing OT to hit deadline, or OT because you're part of a CR that can only be done on weekends? Generally, OT is quite hard to claim

Quote:
Is the consulting analyst main job scope on trainings? Always hear them saying they do trainings… Then why aren’t they called training analysts? 😂
Everyone does training. Doesn't matter what you're doing. There's always going to be some random training every now and then

Quote:
Anyone in Accenture can advise if this is normal? I joined as a consulting analyst in May into a project that’s going live in a few months. Instead of proper consulting work, all I’m doing is ad hoc help like sudden testing and training stuff. Do all new analysts under consulting track do these?
Yes it's very normal. Many analysts get arrowed to do ad hoc work like prepare deck for presentation, networking calls or other random shyt. This is because the damn company keeps hiring without actually checking to see what roles are needed on projects.

I think many people don't seem to understand how Accenture works. This is not some regular company where you get hired to do 1 thing and then continue to do it for the rest of your tenure. Rather, you will be deployed to wherever leadership wants you to be deployed. You can say no of course, but consider yourself blackballed if you do that.

If you talk to the Accenture lifers, you will begin to understand what kind of people a lot of them are. Just people who are too scared to leave and lie to themselves that Accenture is a good company