Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Hospital (Private or Public) Designation and Salary Range
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2022, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi thanks for the information. You are very lucky. Your promotion is one of the fastest I have came across in this industry. I'm a AHP. This is my second job, I started off at JG 13 due to higher qualifications but got low balled by HR so I didn't get any salary increment when I joined. 7 years later at mid 30s, I'm only drawing slightly more than $5K which is way below market rate for my post grad qualifications and job grade. I felt really bummed, I tried changing industry (still requiring the same type of deg, just different field), but can't find any suitable job, most are contracts, or either that increment and bonus also not fantastic. I can't switch to other hospital as well cos there's no pay increment.

My colleague started off at JG 10 and he reached JG 13 at his 13th year, another colleague got promoted from JG 11 to JG 12, took her 7 years.. Not sure is it just my department, but promotion is extremely slow. Unless you are a high flyer, you probably have to wait at least 5 to 10 years before you are promoted. Some may never get to be promoted cos they don't need so many JG 14, 15 in the section, unless your senior leave.
ahp and pharmacy has virtually no progression. if u really want progression, join admin side which many in your situation has done so.

i