Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross Starting Pays (Graduate)
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2022, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm kinda a noob in this thing, and my family have been blue collar workers all so there is no one to turn to for advise. I have a diploma in computer engineering from Singapore Polytechnic with 3.3 GPA and a certificate in Business.

So was wondering if I should try to pursue a career with Big 4/Accenture/NCS after National Service?

Family money is tight so would prefer to start a career and then part-time degree once I get used to the workflow.

The Big 4/Accenture/NCS is sort of new to me. Always under the assumption that to continue with my diploma would be going through degree then jumping into a in-house company so the concept of consultancy was new to me. Have read quite a lot of post last few days and know that I basically have to give up on work-life balance if I join consultancy which I understand.

Would appreciate some insight on whether it is possible to even join a consultancy firm as a tech consultant with my diploma? As most of the job description I have browse through require a Bachelors.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, any additional advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
No idea about Big4, but ACN and NCS do hire dip holders for software engineering roles, just that you will be starting at the lowest level.

Pay wise I reckon ACN is higher than NCS. But TC wise (factoring in bonus) I think NCS should be better.

I don't have much to advise you on but just FYI, you should be expecting 60-70 hours/week at least in ACN.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app