Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - High Finance Thread
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2022, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
People need to realize that in banking, personality and likability are very important traits. These hardos you mentioned, when their peers are going for FOPs/clubbing and chasing skirts, they're already doing stock pitches and case competitions. Fun fact, poly students have a 3 year headstart to jc kids. while the jc students are learning physics/chemistry, they already learn accounting. Poly students actually have a distinct advantage. If I'm working 80hrs with you, I'll pick the likable guy over the hardo anyday, assuming a baseline of technical proficiency. Life is not about IB guys, go get laid, get your heart broken, go on overseas trips, do stupid ****! So many hardo freshies tried to networked with me, my advice to them is always to enjoy their uni life.
But the fact is that poly students only make like less than 5% of high finance full timers? Like it or not most high finance candidates are from top JCs like HCI/RI.

The biggest excuse lametard tell themselves are that smart people are nerds and hardos. Bro some people are just smarter than you and they are just likeable/social/whatever as you are.