Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am genuinely confused..this new guy applied to withdraw his admission on the basis that he will not apply for admission in the next five years. He probably wants to withdraw so his name won’t get publicised like the rest (but it eventually did as we all know). Is it even necessary for him to withdraw since he probably won’t even be allowed to get admitted in the first place? Now because he applied to withdraw, he has to agree to these onerous conditions that don’t even apply to the five other cheats in the first place. I don’t understand the rationale for this at all.
Seeing what happened to the initial 6 who were publicly named, the writing is on the wall (i.e. that he and the other remaining 4 would be publicly named too). He probably saw that and knows he'll be unemployable for the foreseeable future.

As reported, both he and Lynn Kuek took the same approach of trying to downplay their conduct, unlike the other 5 who fessed up the moment they came under SILE investigation. So in the public's eyes, his conduct is even more egregious.

The withdrawal is probably an attempt to portray remorse. Sorta like an act of hara kiri, falling on his sword to rehabilitate his public image. In truth, he likely has little inclination or motivation to continue pursing admission or gainful employment in the legal sector anyways.

My 2cents of the possible strategy here.