Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Getting MBA worth?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, the global MBA ranking tables will be a good start to shortlisting potential B-schools. Try the FT rankings. Else, talk to alumnito get a real feel. For example, a school may rank very well in terms of graduates' career and salary progression, but this may be due to reasons unrelated to the school. E.g., if the school offers many scholarships to government officials who have been earmarked for high positions, these graduates will undoubtedly fly high very soon in their careers. And tht isn't because of the MBA.

But based on the profile you have shared, it will be tough getting an offer from the premier B-schools. In fact, based on your profile, it will even be difficult to stand out from the applicants to NUS, NTU, SMU. there are probably 10k+ applicants to NUS, NTU, SMU each year; while the eventual intake is around 300 - 500. At top tier B-schools, the intake rate will be even more competitive.
I was the previous poster that you were replying to. Thank you for the comment.

NUS/NTU/SMU are totally out of my aim. I'm targetting top MBA programs in Asia, planning to work overseas too. And I think to maximize the ROI of doing a MBA, I have to start as early as possible. By the time the programs starts I should have accumulated 3 years of working experience.

And you're right, my profile is rather weak with only a pass from NUS and 650 for GMAT, ppl around me all lol at me because i set my long-term goal at investment banking in bb.

What I can spin are my extensive international exposure, a few succesful business deals that I have made across Asia Pacific region for my MNC, and my continuous efforts in charity works. I have a good story to tell how my finance sparks were triggered, where I am now, where will I be 5 and 10 years later and how am I working towards it. I realize that many ppl don't even have a goal for his life. And I spent more than 1 year to realize mine, and draft it very specifically and ensure it makes the most logical sense. Hopefully all these will make me stand out from other candidates.