Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I fully agree. Comparison creates envy.

Slower progression happens in any organisation. Everyone cannot be leaders. Before we enter the ministry/civil service, we should accept that there is such a thing as an accelerated scheme for scholars. It means that within the system, there will be people with slower progression. It’s by design. You don’t have to like it, but you cannot choose to enter the system willingly and THEN complain that it exists.

Performance bonuses are to me an extra. I’ve planned my lifestyle based on my salary and not my uncertain bonus (that varies). If i do well, good. If i don't do well, also good. My family, friends, hobbies matter more to me than the endless pursuit of this elusive progression that I have no ultimate control over.

If you want fast progression, fat bonuses, a system where retrenchments are common (thats how young and new people replace the old and experienced and well paid folks), there are plenty of such companies out there. Question is: if you take a deep look at yourself, your qualifications, your abilities, your attitude, do you REALLY think you have it to survive/thrive in such a cut-throat environment? Be real. No free lunch in the world.

it’s ok .they will never understand that