Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2022, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with your two points mentioned above, and he post was indeed flawed in those regard. However, as mentioned earlier, the context behind how the cheating happened and what disciplinary action was already meted out (e.g retaking exams and what-not) are still relevant to what punishments should be given to them now.

I may face a lot of flak for this view, but I think that it is only fair to release the names of the cheaters if they are to be admitted to the bar. But if their application is not accepted yet (i.e debar), then releasing the names seems to be double punishment. They have not committed any criminal offence, although their actions are highly morally questionable.

Where do you see their "range of punishments" to lie ? It is an interesting question. For cheating in school exams, their names are not usually revealed. However, the counter-argument of course is that we should superimpose legal profession rules on them (for policy reasons) even though they are not admitted to the profession yet.

It's one thing to despise their morally culpable conduct, but it is also important to give effect to due procedural process instead of being outcome-focused. Just giving a balanced assessment here and am not taking any sides.
A lot of good logic. But my humble opinion is that the names should be disclosed because I am kaypoh.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app