Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Guideline in Job Search
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwashi View Post
since you are so nice to me i will tell you a secret.

I got an some industrial development medal for best academic thesis in my honors cohort. Which was initially nominated by my then-supervisor as she felt the standard was there. Plus comments from my first 2 bosses on my articles, that it was very obvious information analysis and data presentation is your main strength.

So if it's a strength, why not develop it further and capitalize on it, instead of going through life doing something totally irrelevant to your interests and becoming a bitter old man? The average life span is only about 60+ these days.

Those people who make it big in life are those who took opportunities that were presented to them. I haven't had opportunities yet, and my dead-end job is clearly not going to give me any, but I'm always looking and ready to pounce on them.
I am your fan but I think your goal is too idealistic. There's simply too little demand for good-to-great editorial jobs. Moreover, it's too easy for anyone to claim he has great editorial skills.

Who is the best editor you've seen? Is he really good, or could it be because his company is good?