Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Seeking Advice For Jobs In Finance Sector
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2012, 09:51 AM
QXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
Hi QXP,

Thanks for the insight, seems you really know risk management jobs well. I am in engineering and currently interviewing for a role in risk management, this is the description the recruiter agent sent me:

- Manual Adjustment Reviews: Assist in monthly review of adjustments including P&L and balance sheet substantiation with various PC areas

- Key Risk indicators: Prepare / Consolidate key risk reports

- Assess, monitor and track outstanding issues and action plans from audit reviews, control incidents, and other internal control reviews

- Site Review: Conduct site control reviews, identify control gaps, escalate and report on findings to management

- Risk and Control Assessments / SOX

- Control Pack: Assist in producing monthly PC control packages to highlight control / performance issues and solutions to management

- Balance Sheet review: Review, Coordinate, facilitate and report on findings by working with PCs to substantiate the balance sheet

- Remediation of control gaps / process re-engineering: Work with Product Controllers to develop solution and remediation to control gap identified

Base on your opinion will this be a real risk management job? I am hoping my technical and numerical skills can be put to good use and of course make more money in the process.

Thanks
What you have here is a very typical reporting & compliance ops job in the risk department. From the description, it’s probably a junior VP role that supports a risk & compliance business partner supporting a particular business in the bank.

It’s a common enough BO job that pays decently compared to similar corporate functions in other companies, but one thing for certain is don’t kid yourself that you will be putting your engineering skills to good use doing complex financial modeling, taking part in committees to formulate risk policies or liaising with the FO guys.

At the end of the day, it's a straight forward and typical corporate support role just like IT, HR, Marketing etc.