Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2022, 09:35 PM
Verified Member

shootingmen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A lot of friends in SIM-UOL just started working not long ago, managed to ask around for their starting pay. I am from NUS, engineering, now earning 4.2k.

1. Working as admin (degree in BM) -> 2.7-3k

2. Working in bank (Degree in banking and finance) - 2.7k - 3.2k

3. Working as accountant - 2.8-3.2k

4. Working as insurance (AAG, Sing life) those ok ones: - 2k - 3k+ , those really up there one i know a few earning 50-80k +- lol.

5. Working as property agent - know a fren, went in there 3 months take home 10k+ liao.

6. Working in software company doing programming, 3.3k - 4.3k (not bad actually, some actually went for competitions like hackathon)

7. Working as teachers in tuition centers: 3k+-

My takeaway: at the start will be shag, i would say almost all the companies see universities and GPA, only being Financial Advisor(FA) or Property Agents (PA) wont. They dk you stupid or not, so long can sell can liao.

So alot of people from SIM in general join FA/PA, even people from NUS especially. For SIM people, most of them just cant be bothered to work 9-6 while earning 2.5k-3.3k after their *rich parents* sponsored their uni fees, i know a small handful ones working in corporate world trying their best to climb and pay their sch loans. (1 of them took 1yr+, with salary of 3k doing admin. increase to 3.15 after 1 year lol).

While the rest just join FA cos of money. Damn annoying, see Instagram posting meetings at 6am or whatever accountability checks, saving life, protecting life etc etc. See until sian. Especially NUS people. The way the picture it is very wrong ' i become FA so i don't have to work 9-6 (freedom) and i can make 50-100% more than fresh grad pay ' bruh..

I also felt quite annoyed after seeing some ppl that did nothing in NUS during projects and spamming loads of stories on Instagram doing insurance and earning $ , telling their followers how 'committed and hardworking' they are juggling b/w sch and work while myself and others tanking the bloody projects. Really xiasuey .|.

Rmbed how 1 guy from my hall told me, ' bro i MDRT liao , earning 70k++ with gpa 3.4 (2nd lower), walao you studied so hard (i got 2nd upper, 4.2) and now u earning 4.2k nia? thats 50k+ annum leh, come join FA la, i can mentor u and u dont waste ur time anymore climbing ladder ' sibei dulan. But yeap. it is what it is. They happy can liao.
LOL, your hall guy. I'm a fresh grad with pass degree and almost double his annual pay. And at least I don't have to lie, delude others about my products.