Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Shall I change job?
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Verified Member

PaycheckSG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeyeo168 View Post
the broker job offer basic 2.5k + commission.. because i have no prior background in that field...

i have over 4 years of experience in sales and marketing... thats why i can get my 3k++ (near 4k) salary.

but i heard petroleum /petrochemical prospects is good... thats why i wish to seek advise here. im only 25 years old by the way. so if prospects is really good i guess i dont mind trying.

pls advise.
Hi, I presume you're a 25 yr old lady. Petrochem is definitely a good industry, but my understanding of the role of a broker is to match buyer and seller. As highlighted, entertainment is unavoidable for jobs of such nature, if you have the personality and lifestyle to match, great for you.

I know a friend who started off as a broker, which involves a fair bit of travelling, and most of your personal time to entertain clients. In terms of moving up the "value chain", being a "oil trader" is the aspiration from the broker. In terms of pay, didn't ask explicitly, but judging from external observation, I am sure the pay-off is worthwhile after slogging out for around 2-3 years.

Good luck!