Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Outdated lah.
You never heard of senior service registrar for people who exited? People can be ssr for 1-2 years fighting for AC spots. But this wasn't made known to them when they joined residency 6 years back..
and your point is?
if u didn't already know, under the commonwealth mode of training, Sg is already one of the earliest place to make AC or equivalent rank.
for eg in UK, an anesthetist training is about 9 years long. They never have a job waiting for them when they come out. Most of them become locum consultant for a few years before getting a substantive consultant job , often in another more rural area.

The situation is worse in Australia; there are simply no consultant jobs. A few years back , i look up the stats for this mind u, there are 25 fully trained cardiothorathic FRCS waiting for a consultant job to come up in 5 of the cardiac surgery center in Australia. For them , its not a matter of doing 1-2 years of SSR.

Anyway, those folks from 10-12 years ago had it easy with the residency system. They can enter straight after med school. If u chiong, u can make AC in 5 years with AIM or GS. I went to emerg surgery with one such GS reg who is a pgy4 and i'm not impressed dude, i am seriously not impressed. He has no effing idea what he was doing. Im not saying i saved his ass, but i really did point out a lot of the things that can possibly go wrong and he was like so dangerously unaware. As my sc from UK said the next morning, he started as surgical basic trainees at PGY6 in the UK and he can't see how a pgy4 can actually have the experience to carry out that role properly.

doing SSR for these guys is already easy on them and safer for patients.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app