Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OP here, yup still with mohh. I think majority of pple in this forum are still junior doctors with mohh, who are concerned Abt their career progress or Remuneration (be it gp land, rp, AC opportunities once residency is completed etc). Ultimately, I think it's only fair and reasonable for us to know given our efforts in our ho/mo/reg years. These things are not very transparent at present. (At least not made known to the junior doctors - ho/mo; reg I not sure)

In fact I actually even think that these info (esp pay progression, job scope, challenges faced for public doctors) should be made to the public, so that parents/jc students applying for medicine would have a guage of their career opportunities/potential Remuneration and compare it to other fields (e.g law/CS/finance etc) before they make a decision on their future.

I have seen many medical students/junior doctors regret doing medicine, due to the suboptimal Remuneration among other reasons as well. It's difficult to blame them as how many 18 years old (when they chose medicine) actually truly know what they want? And they are now stuck with a hefty bond with mohh which they signed at 18-19 years old.

I thought this article is a good read and highlights the practical situation of being a doctor nowadays but I really wonder how many jc students when choosing medicine are aware of this..(link below)

s://.todayonline.com/commentary/want-study-medicine-and-be-doctor-singapore-heres-what-you-need-know-1813681
how is it not transparent ? you ask any reg and ac their pay and they will tell you. Its about there with a few hundred dollars variation. you use ur eyes to see will know the progression.
you expect to be spoon fed? a career counsellor who sit down and counsel u for hours?

GP land -> hired GP -> gp clinic owner -> chain owner - > minster of manpower
polyclinic - > FP-> SRP -> principal PRP. if mmed -> FP, AC FP, C FP, SC FP
hospital -> RP, SRP -> PRP or AC -> C -> SC- > EC

Mo 4-6K, SR 7-8K, AC 12-14K before allowance. Once you become a hospital / polyclinic staff ( RP, AC etc) your increment is 3-5% per year.

really strawberry generation. lamenting at the choice of career guidance. seriously?! find doctoring regretful due to lack of renumeration? While u can't buy GCB as a doctor anymore, any doctoring job should leave u quite comfortable anywhere.