Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2022, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
fp to ac is time based.
no need fcfp.
only new con need fcfp. last time can get con with m.med.

m.med annual salary already more or less match gen med ac in terms of annual liao. this is due to the junior fp award. this award finish when u hit ac , so just nice. essentially a m.med fp makes almost like a hospital ac.

however to hit con u must fight for it la.sc in ops v rare, usually hq high flyers.
hospital ac to c is time based. sc must fight or wait till the senior all go private.

m.med can teach liao. quite tiring actually. I take year 3 yllom and year 5 lkc. sometimes got year 1 sit in also. also take resident RCC.
I also teach gdfm . this is extra but keeps me on my edge.
about 1.5 days doing teaching and supervision.
also got run special clinic , got HMC, derm, memory clinic. some polyclinic got af clinic.

quite varied what. I dabbling in some research also. also involved in MOH workgroups.

gp is patient patient patient patient.

and someone will soon say I'm a mohh recruiter.

I am a fm resident r3. Just had a Career talk by faculty last week. Seniors who attended (ie the r4s who completed mmed in Nov last year) were telling us if we pass mmed, we get paid 9k basic, with 1.2k addon for the mmed qualification.

Bonus is largely institutional based (i.e will be similar across most department for average performer), usually Ard 3-4 mths including aws. (Also confirmed by some of the older fps i.e the r5s and 6s)
There is no sign on bonus nowadays (at least for my si)

You sure this is similar to gm ac?
I am pretty sure ac starting pay is 12k leh..

Personally I am thinking of going locum for the few months leading up to mmed (jul-nov) before deciding on my long term plans
- I don't think I can work and study at the same time (really too jaded liao, I know many of my seniors did it and say can be done, but I really cannot. Maybe I old/weak lol). Hence will aim to locum 2-3 days a week, and spent rest of week study. Also can get some intro to private practice, and see if I am happy with the that, before deciding long term future.
- I must also say I dont think/not confident I can pass mmed; without mmed, I think no point stay in ops also 😂.

To be fair, my faculty is quite fair and nice. They say that as long as I complete residency, even if I choose to leave after, they will still invite me to their zoom tutorials/revision or
teaching session(Of course I won't get sponser for the prep course and exam la)

Just wanted to highlight this so that pple don't get carried away with fp pay. Even with mmed, your basic pay is probably between a reg and ac. Hospital reg will probably earn more than you if you include their call pay (esp given the recent revision)

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app