Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2022, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, I’m currently a GEO 4 in my 5th year of service. Was just offered HOD appointment but I rejected it. I didn’t require much about the position, but is this likely to be an internal appointment? Secondly, would this slow down my career progression?
I assume you are an SH/LH? If the position presented is for hod of another department, it makes sense for you to decline the offer when you have no interest in it. At the same time, the SLs might have done so because they saw potential in you to take on greater responsibilities but the existing hod position within your existing dept is filled. It could also be that the school needed someone to fill a void and you are a suitable candidate.

For me, I will take up the offer as it is an opportunity since the progression also means that my cep would be reviewed. Of course, one would need to consider if he/she really likes the offer and is able to perform up to expectation. If I am an existing SH/Math and the school wants to offer me Year Head, I will reject it too knowing that the apportionment means endless sai….