Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed for an overseas singaporean
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporean in bj View Post
Thanks for the advice guy in beijing,

i have actually bought 2 chao yang properties with the money from the stock options when the company IPO. currently i have also invested in a resturant with a fren here.

my network is actually pretty strong, it just that i am getting tired. i can arrange quite a bit of intern/factory visit even in other cities for the schools.

by the way,baxeter the basic pay for a lot of pple doing ir is not high but u can have a good bonus if your share price is good.
At the end of the day what has your options, investment with friends and property speculation in China anything to do with lecturing on Marketing & Finance?

You had some brief sales experience at an entry level, then a highly niche job doing IR. At the very best they cover a small section of marketing. As for Finance, you have almost no credentials other than layman property speculation and maybe doing up materials covering company performance during your roadshows and engagements.

Add that with a degree and MBA from notorious mills where everyone knows you just need to pay up school fees and meet min attendance can get, do you really think you should be lecturing on marketing & finance even if some crazy poly accept you?

No offence, but you are really too thin on your CV to be asking for 100k as a lecturer... You also need to show more respect to the profession instead of treating it as some avenue to get higher basic salary and less stress job when you get sick of your current place.