Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lawyering has lost its glory that it has in the past. Toxicity, abuse and dehumanisation are cankering private practice and the managing partners are tone deaf towards what happens. Not surprising because they care about the P&L and you are just a cog in the whole machineries.

I always told my trainees and juniors to take up another trade aside from lawyering. To my closer trainees or juniors, I guide them to code in python, using SQL databases, studying the CFA and CAIA, doing Bain or McKinsey consulting framework exercises, as well as taking up cybersecurity certs such as the CISA/CCISP.

STOP incarcerating yourself in the legal bubble. And Don't, I repeat, don't make yourself an exorbitant admin person, when your job can actually be done by a paralegal or anyone without a law degree. They just need on the job training to master the skills that you have, if any.
So true, if you can lawyer in UK without a law degree, idk why sg or any Asian countries can't do that? Is it because lawyers in Asia are too egoistic,? Or is it Asian brains are wired more inferiorly than the UK counterpart and hence need a degree to rewire their brains to prepare for the legal career?