Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Fresh NIE Grad

Hello,

I just started my journey joining this fraternity since the past 3 months. I do have 5 years bond to serve and have a couple of questions hoping to hear from your sharing.

1. Will teachers be penalised or marked down if the students were not able to perform and give results? Eg. Considering I am a BT, my school is very result driven in ensuring the students get excellent grades.

2. How will we be rank as a BT? I don’t quite understand how this ranking system works or the kind of game plan. Eg. Are we going to be marked down every time we screw up. I always believe we learnt from mistakes. It’s almost impossible to be perfect especially managing the crazy teacher workload. :/

3. Please share do some tips to safeguard myself as a BT. Obviously, I’m always being arrowed within my meeting discussion sharing, FTship, dept, cca and committee. Sad reality!

I really enjoy teaching with my students so far. I hope to survive long enough to clear my bond and not burnt out or give up halfway. I try to be positive for the most part but at times I’m already feeling annoyed and tired being arrowed all the time.

Happy Upcoming March Hols Teachers!