Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Non-tech roles at tech firms
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'll try to input something useful here, but disclaimer as this is not first hand experience as I'm doing a technical role.

Working in big tech has a certain prestige associated with the brand name, which is most certainly important when considering exit opportunities. Progression is definitely good, but also expect it to be very competitive. Due to the scale of the company, you can get to be a part of very large projects, which adds to both growth and exit opp considerations.

Each company has its own culture, of course. Some tend to be more cut-throat, and others more employee-centric. YMMV
I agree with this, also ignore the trolls.

Big tech companies that are in the billion dollar revenues have the best prestige, work-life balance and career progression. They will continue to grow as COVID continues to rave on too and even if there wasn't any COVID, more and more people are starting to use the internet.

More internet users = more technology users = all tech companies, especially the popular ones will keep going up. A quick way to tell is by looking at their stock trends, those that continuously improve throughout the years will always be #1. Those that stagnate or starts dipping are the ones to avoid.

But yes expect tough competition, everyone wants to be in the tech industry now, tech or non-tech role.