Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career Advise needed - Tourism/Hospitality Grad
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2022, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjec View Post
Hi there,

Thanks for the prompt advise.

Stat board wise - does that refer to jobs from careers@gov? Indeed i feel my pte degree will be a challenge. So far I applied twice before and both failed.

Would you have some position roles name which i can search for? are the salaries really easily 3k even for entry level roles? Thanks!
You can try searching for Senior Executive or Assistant Manager. Those are typical entry level degree holder roles. There may be other titles for suitable entry level roles, but I can't advise of what these are (browse around the Careers@Gov site and find out).

Based on what some others on this forum have said, they might put you on Executive (one rank below Senior Executive) if you have a private degree. You have work experience though, so I'm not sure what position you would be seen as fit for if hired.

Some on this forum have also said that with a private degree you will have zero chance to enter a Ministry, but a tiny chance of getting hired by a Stat Board. I can't verify if it's true but you might wish to note when applying.

Finally...most people have said that it took multiple (many many) applications to various listings to even secure an interview from anything on Careers@Gov. Getting no reply for 2 applications isn't abnormal.

Finding a job is a full time job in itself, and I've been there before. Keep applying and give your best submission for each position you apply too. Don't give up!