Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2022, 05:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Would like to ask the asthestics and fm pple on this forum.
Is the evidence behind asthestics methods of weight loss strong? (Things like fat freezing, em shape etc)

I was working in ops, one of the overweight pts asked me this question during a chronic review.
Of course I just gave the standard answer. Best is to eat healthy, exercise. If you can afford asthestics treatment, go ahead as tolerated as long as it works for you.

But was wondering if the evidence behind asthestics like fat freezing/em shape etc? As you know there are newer methods of weight loss nowadays (your intermittent fasting, ketogenic diet etc)
Cryolipolysis and HIFEM devices are body CONTOURING devices. They should not be marketed as weight loss devices.

The weight loss from these devices are insignificant. I do screen my patients well and counsel them about this. The ones who follow through with either treatments are motivated to work out on their own as well, so they are able to achieve their ideal physique. The ones who are less motivated to work out are usually not very happy with the results.