Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Constituency Manager (People Association)
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Smile

I am working there for quite some time and I knew the difficulties in this job and somehow or rather, you will sooner or later lose passion in this job. My batch mates resign within 3-6 months and some will try to stay for 1 year. This job uses more EQ than IQ, it is a PR job as you are dealing with people. Working in PA is quite a different thing compared to other desk bound jobs as you get to see many different types of people everyday and you will realize how "pathetic and cruel" the society can be.

Depending on your "relationship" with colleagues and boss, your workload varies and I can say if you are bad luck & your boss thinks you are capable or you have to cover the workload for the time being, he might give up up to 6 committees to handle..

Basically, grassroots are your actually boss not CD as you attend the committee's meeting and you are not the in-charge, you are only there as a facilitator, run the event, do what as they wish or tell you to do. Your boss listens more to grassroots, so if grassroots like you, you are likely to get promotion or other rewards.

The pay wise, I can say is quite good for a fresh grad (CM) and above but if lower position like CME or CSE is bad. The bonuses is not bad but it also varies and depends on the economy.