Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Oof saw some M/SM jjww on this thread too with us ha.

To be fair , all M lvl and above need throw saikang to the junior staffs. They need their time to source for client hit KPI overseas the entire engagements. But there are always the good and cui M/SMs , cui ones usually not because their technicals are cui, but their ppl/project management skills are bad. Usually these SM grow up in big 4 fish tank without experiencing the commercial worlds

I have this one super nice SM. She chio, she patient, but she’s strict. Working for her really benefits me a lot cos she shields me from mean client ,bother to explain to the staffs , or at least no time talk then ask the staff to look for info to learn. SM like dis I wouldn’t mind OT and do admins for her, cos she gives me good learning , I give her by helping her work load

The cui SM always jjww, staff A not good Staff B not good. Always black face and leave staffs in the mud. Treat u like garba*ge but expect u to deliver to her and do her things first. Cui one like to say she’s paid to do her job not to take care of juniors . ???? Since when? Even commercial, management lvl Liao u are supposed to groom the next gen of talents of the firm.
You wonder why big 4 can’t keep talents. This kind of behaviour never got called out if this SM is good technically, so the cui ones always get their way by treating ppl badly. Honestly in big 4 being nice doesn’t matter, u only working for the partners. So as juniors staffs, if u see this kind of SM being the majority, just run and change to another department/firm, is toxic and u won’t learn as much if u plan to exit after hitting M

If u follow this thread closely, u would know which out of the 4 has the most cui SM

Just my two cents