Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of doing an Digital Media diploma/degree? Read this first.
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Singapore Animator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't be stupid.. Dun waste time in this field... In Singapore, everybody needs $$ to survive.. How to properly provide for your parents, wife and kids... If you are making peanuts, how to afford the sky high prices of the HDB flats these days..
All your dependents will blame you and look down on you for pursuing a cheap career... But well...if you are just alone and parents are no longer around and you don't want to settle down then i guess it's a great career to lack in i suppose....
I hv stated my point clearly earlier: Target to start your own company, create and own your IP, so that you can earn thru the royalties and etc. Sky is the limit.
Its true that if you just wanna a media work as a day-job, it probably cant satisfy much material needs, n job stability is not as good as other kind of work.
And i will nv have a wife to take care of ( I'm a woman). Kudos to the man who took up the courage to be in our industry. Still, still, with whatever I hve, i can still give to my parents, save up and buy insurances.

As for the guy who writes music: record your song n music professionally, get the cover design done, make sure u copyright ur work 1st, put it in indie websites and itunes sell each song at 99cents per download. Make a lot of publicity(fb,twitter, ads...)
As of all business, profits are not for sure.
But at the very least u can make ur music buyable by people who have a dollar to spare.
Alternatively, bring ur music sheets to recording companies and see if they wanna buy it.
Or ask pubs, one by one if they will let u preform for them. That's how Jam Xiao got notices right?

Sorry abt the tic tit toe guy. If you can find a business model for that, please teach me