Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Excuse me, as a fresh grad w/o exp where are you going to find a job that pays $7.5k or even $4.5k? Even $3k as a starting pay is already on the higher side. It's mainly because I've already been searching for months and didn't even get any calls for interviews, that's why I'm contemplating taking up this contract job for the time being to get some relevant experience first. I'm looking for serious advice, don't troll me with sky-high starting salaries.
Excuse me, just because you can't seem to impress employers to get a good paying job does not mean other banking fresh grads are like you.

You want serious advice then I'm telling you you are wasting your time doing this kind of low paying contract job. What relevant experience are you going to get in a blue collar banking job?

Even part time private uni grads and non-finance grads from local uni are posting offers between $2.2 - $3k from non-banks, so there must be fundamentally something wrong with your CV or in the way you are selling yourself to interviewers.

I suggest you explore non-bank executive jobs outside and get someone to advise you on where your presentation went wrong. A major in B&F that cannot get any offer except a $1.8k contract position for diploma holders is clear indication something is screwing up. The economy may not be booming now, but it ain't depression level yet.