Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR or Physiotherapy (Career Switch)
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 11:44 PM

gurlInTech is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The “HR consultants” are merely headhunters aka mercenaries. Please do not associate them with actual HR professionals.

Pay wise not important? You are really naive.
Hmm… Okay I apologising for mixing them up then. Was giving recommendation to TS regarding her desire to run around and does meaningful work.

I was personally thankful to a HR consultant that personally meet me near my office to give resume and soft interview tips and interview opportunities to companies I would never had the chance to get an interview chance if I applied on my own.

For me and you maybe we are driven by salary but for TS she is driven by meaningful work which I totally respect for and hence that advice. Depression and work fatigue is real and different people have different tolerance level. If TS have high stress tolerance then yea, just give up dream and chase $$$ lo.

Anyway to TS regarding studies people change all the time. I was last in cohort in my school during sec school, all sorts of teachers always find me to talk to me about my results, meaning E8, F9 for my science subjects but I’m getting B+ to A for 3 bio 1 physics and 1 chem mods in NUS (taking them as electives) Should throw away the baggage and start learning from scratch again.

Hopefully TS will make a decision she won’t regret.