Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But i really cannot stand le. Everyday meeting, update status and all the why why why. I tell them i am Singaporean i don't attend meeting at midnight with US people then my manager said customer is from US so we cater to customer. But everytime meeting they talk about so many things i also don't understand. A few days before cny when i go canteen break my colleague told me to go for meeting, I refused because i haven't finish my coffee and I am higher level than him, he is a dip holder while i got a deg yet the manager told me off. I didn't get confirmed so i am leaving. I just want to know if anyone went back to ST successfully back to same position and pay before. The pace in mnc is really not suitable for humans.
If you are higher level than your colleague, it is only natural for your manager to expect more responsibilities from you. You are supposed to be the "role model" even though you can be newer than your colleague. Try to learn something from the toxic MNC environment. That is called doing real work. In ST, many times it's just politics trying to push responsibilities around.

There is nothing wrong with having meetings with customers late at night due to time differences. It is one of the norms when you have customers outside of Asia. Be glad you can do it over a call.