Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Since this can’t go on nus confessions, no choice:

I am Y from a delisted Uni. Even before the vitriol against overseas grad, I do not like my local uni counterparts. Especially in bar exams and law firm as a trainee, associate and senior associate. The class divide between local and overseas is acutely felt and the discrimination couldn’t be more real. I didn’t use to harbour so much bitterness until I had to coexist with local uni grads. The final straw was when a local uni grad stole my then gf after pretending to add me as a friend on FB and prying through my private life.

From then on, I swore never to be nice to any local uni grad. At every juncture, as associate, senior associate then junior partner, I always made it a point to be very exacting and demanding on local grads. Whenever they cried in my presence, I felt that there was finally justice in this world. Justice for the pain they had caused me and for the consistent nightmare and hurt.

So yes, while you all local grads hate overseas grads, secretly in our hearts, a number of us really dislike local grads and it shows. My peers are in international firms to influence the hiring decisions.
High quality sh*tpost. Anyway can we move on to salaries and real talk instead of posting your insecurities here