Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2022, 06:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
400k a year! Wow!
It is actually possible, as the community iso facility pays up to 150/hr, and you usually work 12 hrs shift, and you can chiong and work 7 days a week.
The funny thing is when I was locuming there, none of the people are jaded (unlike the public sector) as we all have a very clear financial goal in mind. Some of them was to quickly earn back their money that they paid to moh to break bond, for others is to quickly build up capital so that they can generate a portfolio with passive income.

Unfortunately covid is likely going to be over in 6-12 mths so for the junior doctors still in public service, they probably miss the boat already.
However, the concept is similar, if you want to locum, I would recommend coming out early and chiong hard in first 10 years when you are young, build your capital and then go into semi retirement mode mid 40s, your mindset has to be different from a public sector Dr, whose aim/mentality is to gain knowledge and expertise and slowly climb up the ladder (i.e reg, con, SC etc)

If you want "work life balance" might be better staying as a rp in a chill department e.g ops/ch/DERM when it is 8-5 job. Private is for pple who really chiong for money not "work life balance"