Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2012, 11:03 AM
fritzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
Hello everyone, i would like to seek the advice of the more experienced civil servants here.

some background

qualification: NUS Bach of Arts (normal) in 2000
Working exp: 10 years since 2001, currently Asst. Manager & Sales Team Leader in MNC (7 years in the company)

I have decided to take a more relaxed route in life especially after the birth of my child. Working more than 10 hours a day including the weekend is just not viable any more even if i am earning on average of $5000 / month.

Hence, i had applied for a job at a stat board and was offered the position of a Senior Executive recently. The salary offered was $3500 and that is smack right in the middle of the MX 12 range, right?

Based on the experience of the forumers here, is this a fair deal? Should i ask for more? I am replied to the HR that i am likely to accept but should i bargain for a little more?

I do not hope that i sound too materialistic, it is just that with a child in the family and the primary bread winner, i just want to have the best for my child and feel that i am valued by the stat board as well.
Yet another guy who does not bother to read up the forum. As has been said countless times by many many forumers, there is NO SUCH THING AS BARGAINING for pay with the civil service.

Take it or leave it, they don't operate pasar malam style where you can go and try to talk c0ck your way out for another $200 a month.

Btw, the fact they offer you mid MX12 when you already have 11 yrs exp means your CEP is very low, most likely your career ceiling at MX 11, but then its iron rice bowl so you make your choice bah.